The Border ATB differential is designed to prevent the complete loss of drive that occurs with a conventional differential when one wheel slips. Whilst requiring some torque in the slipping wheel, the Border unit is progressive in action but never locks – controlled power is transmitted to all the driving wheels
Ideally suited to high powered front wheel drive systems, ATB differentials are also used in rear and four wheel drive vehicles where optimum traction is required. Installation is identical to the normal differential with bearing pre-loads and pinion mesh being restored to the original manufacturers’ settings. Servicing of the unit is simple as all gear pinions are free fitting and normal final drive lubrication oils are retained.
- BMW Mini Cooper S R53 & R56 (SVT/Getrag 285)
- Ford Focus ST170
- Ford XR5 Turbo (Australian Spec)
- Mitsubishi Ralliart Colt Turbo Z27A
- Mitsubishi Colt CZT Turbo
- Smart Forfour Brabus
- Note – Pricing is approximate only and can vary depending upon exchange rates.