The Thermal Guard Composite Intake Gasket is designed to aid in the reduction of inlet air temperature by isolating the intake manifold from the heat generated by the engine’s cylinder head. By reducing the temperature of the inlet manifold the temperature of the intake air charge is also reduced. The density of cooler air is greater than that of warm air. A denser intake air charge contains more oxygen which results in the potential for increased power and torque.
Each Thermal Guard Composite Intake Gasket is precision manufactured from an engineering grade composite phenolic material that resists deformation common with plastic gaskets.
The use of OE inlet manifold gaskets is not required with the Thermal Guard Composite Intake Gasket.
- Isolates inlet manifold from engine and cylinder head
- Reduces inlet air temperature
- Reusable with no deformation
- Higher temperature resistance than plastic gaskets (+500º F)
- Precision CNC manufactured
- Race proven
- Safe with all fuel types
- Mitsubishi 6A12 DOHC 24v Non Mivec FTO / Galant
- Mitsubish 6A12 DOHC 24v Mivec FTO / Galant