Here we present FMCT5, a twin catch can and coolant expansion tank system. This design has been subject to a vast amount of development and is a one of a kind product in the marketplace.
The FMCT5 is a direct replacement for the OE coolant expansion tank. The CAD laser cut alloy construction is skilfully welded at Forge UK HQ. The expansion tank has a level indicator inside the filler neck, to make topping up easier, we have also machined a cap cover that slots over the top of the OEM cap to add to the premium look.
The twin catch can system is the definitive solution to effectively reduce sludge and carbon build up, in turn allowing the engine to both breathe and perform more efficiently. It can therefore be viewed as a genuine performance enhancing product and one, we recommend, particularly if you are planning more advanced power tuning in the future.
As with all Forge Motorsport products we have used superior braided hoses which are internally constructed from anti-static smooth fuel resistant nitrile rubber. This is combined with an outer cover made from reinforced stainless-steel wire braid (a Forge speciality), specifically a partial inner braid and a full cover outer braid. We developed this complex arrangement in order for the tank to be resistant to both pressure expansion and vacuum collapse, and also to enable the kit to function within a clearly defined temperature range – 54°C to +150°C (-65°F to 300°F).
The FMCT5 is available in raw aluminium finish or our stealthy textured black powder coat finish.
- A drain plug for ease of emptying
- Coolant level indicator
- Integrated dipstick’s for simple level inspection
- CNC machined anodised coolant cap cover
- Premium Quality stainless steel reinforced oil resistant hoses with black external braiding
- Inner tube is constructed from anti-static smooth fuel resistant nitrile rubber
- Outer cover is constructed from reinforced Stainless-Steel wire braid consisting of partial inner braid & full cover outer braiding which is resistant to pressure expansion and vacuum collapse
- Temperature Range: -54°C to +150°C (-65°F to 300°F)
- The engine cover can still be fitted after installation
- Installation is straight forward with all necessary fittings and Forge detailed instructions included.