Vernier Camshaft Gear Set
- Adjustable Cam Gears made from the highest quality 6061 T6 aluminium. CNC machined to more exacting tolerances than original gears.
- The tooth edges are bevelled to increase belt life. With twelve degrees (both advance and retard) of laser etched adjustments you can be assured of proper tuning.
- The inner ring is designed for strength, function and precision. Stainless steel studs are threaded through the backside of the outer gear.
- The inner gear is then fastened with stainless steel nuts and lock washers.
- This enables an increase in the amount of torque used to tighten the fasteners, with no risk of stretching to the aluminium threads.
- These are a direct replacement for the stock Mitsubishi camshaft gear with timing marks already engraved..
- These will require transferring the cam gear sensor wheel with new drilling’s onto one of the specially machined gears, and will require 3 new holes to be drilled into the tin plate.
- These camshaft gears are slightly “Thicker” than OEM Gears. This may necessitate removing some casting material from the cylinder heads depending upon your casting or machining the inside edge of the camshaft gear as an alternative for approximate 2mm depth, 3mm width.
- You will need to re-drill the trigger wheel with a 5 stud bolt pattern to adapt to the machined inner ring on the camshaft gear. This is easily done with no side effects.
This model Camshaft gear suits following model applications
- Mitsubishi 6A10 DOHC 24v
- Mitsubishi 6A12 DOHC 24v incl Mivec
- Mitsubishi 6A13 DOHC 24v
- One of these camshaft gears has been modified with an additional spacer and drillings to allow for the fitment of the Home Sensor Wheel.
- This is only available as a BLACK Cam gear.